Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Running. Armydillos.

So in yesterday's Tour of MO a couple of riders hit an armadillo. I dunno, but I found that funny. I mean, you're cooking along, and suddenly there's an armadillo. Whaddya' gonna' do? Not like the little bugger's gonna scurry for it's life. And screaming at it prolly wouldn't help. Guess you could try to bunny-hop it. If squirrels are nature's speed-bumps, than armadillos must be the ultimate stop-all.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Dan Schmatz of St. Louis. I was so looking forward to seeing him in todays stage.

...
Speaking of which, watching the pro tour was so awesome. I feel like I have finally had a taste of the TdF. And by taste I mean a very measley tip-of-the-tounge hint. Like the way mom would let us 'taste' her coffee as kids. But it was incredible to be standing a few feet from riders like Contador and Hincapie. And then meeting Brad Huff was pretty sweet. A lot of the riders around here know him pretty good, but for me, there's still some awe. And I'm a fan.

I took some pics with Cory's camera, so when he's done listening to his emo music I'll get them downloaded.
....
I'm dying for a good run. Maybe a bunch of us should plan on doing a run together. Last year we did an event out in rogersville the first weekend in October. (Josh? hard to believe you we're still single back then.) This year that event won't happen until Oct 20th, but there is a 5k at Ridge Runner Sports we could do. It'd be fairly flat. What more could you ask for?

Plus, you should get done in plenty of time for Springfield's Walk-For-Life.

If some of you have been thinking of doing a 5k, it'd be a great way to start. Hey you could even power-walk it. Or walk/run it. Sure, you might not have time for the full "20-weeks to your first 5k" program. But four weeks should be more than enough for most of you. Remember you can WALK it. you'll finish in about 50 minutes. And I'd be sure to save you a bagel.

And then, if you enjoy that enough we can always follow it up the next weekend at the Sunshine Run. (And the weekend after that everybody hard-core can dust off their bikes and toe the line with me at the Wildcat Duathlon. Let's set some PR's!)
...
All right. Done with my shameless plugs.

Once earthly joy I craved,
Sought peace and rest;
Now thee alone I seek
Give what is best;
This all my prayer shall be:
More love, O Christ to Thee,
More love to Thee,
More love to Thee! -- E. Prentiss

No comments: