Thursday, September 13, 2007

Street racin'

Man. Life is too short. In another 40 years I'll be brushing my dentures. Scary.

....
The Tour of Missouri leaves Lebanon tomorrow around ten and heads up towards Columbia. Tonight the Lebanonites were having a little pre-party, so we took the truck and trailer up to join them.

It was pretty sweet. They set up a street sprint with a radar gun and all the little kiddos would race down the street one at a time trying to coax everything they could out of their training wheels. I get a kick out of how competitive they can be.

Later they had a longer street sprint for the older guys. I've never felt that I am a great sprinter and tonight proved it. In three tries I never made it over 30 mph. I guess I'll have to work on that.

I ended up tying for 2nd with some dude on a fixie. I know, I tied with a single-speed bike. Is that wrong or what? I'm so gonna' start working on my sprints.

The cool thing was they were handing out cash prizes. My fixie partner and I were suppose to split it, but he insisted I take the larger portion. Felt bad about that. After all... he was at the disadvantage. Nice guy.

So I'm a little richer. And we got to promote the shop. Way Cool.

Next year we'll have to have armadillo races.
..
I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing
I'm alive, I'm alive. - Flyleaf

No comments: