Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Don't tell me...

I oughta' post more regularly instead of saving it up for painfully long posts that even I rarely bother to read...
....
This is the big week at the bike shop. All year we've been helping customers switch from couch potato to century rider. It is so cool to help these people out in the final week before the MS. For some it will be the first time, and they're quite scared. Other's are doing it again, just to enjoy the camaraderie and prove -- to none but themselves -- that they haven't lost it.

In some ways that's the essence of humanity. Striving for something. The apostle Paul knew that. He was all about running. Pressing for the mark. That kind of thing. Not just pressing for anything, but that high calling. Yeah, centuries rule. Just think what Heaven is in comparison.
...
Flies wash they're eyeballs with their hands. Sweet. Humans can't do that. They have too many gross habits like picking their noses and shaking each other's hands. 'nough said.
...
The tour of Missouri is in Springfield tomorrow. I'm planning on digging out my little World Championship cap, my fixie, and my VIP pass (thanks, Kay... and Felt), and Partying for an hour. Woo Hoo! Been dreaming of going to a pro-tour race since I was 16. Too cool.

And everybody's invited. So pack up the kids and hit the JVIP area between 2 and 4 (riders arrive here between 3 and 4) I'm guessing we may not see another pro-tour in MO for awhile. Besides, after 10 years, it's the Discovery boys last race. Bring a tissue. Might as well enjoy history while it happens.

No comments: