Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Batta-boom

Josh, Kay and I are going to Vegas today for Interbike. Sweet. Airplanes. Cool bikes. A break from the norm for 48 hours.
I didn't think I was inordinately excited.
It's 2 am and I'm still awake.

Nope, I'm not excited at all.... I just can't sleep.

....
There was a loud 'boom' around 9 tonight.

It seemed to come from somewhere in the parking lot. 'Twas a big boom. Somewhere between the noise of ten car doors slamming at once and that of a 12 gauge shotgun.

So I wandered outside where about 15 other neighbors were wandering. Believe that, huh? We actually got off our couches and away from our simulated computer- and Tv- based lives to talk to one another.

Turns out someone had thrown some sort of homemade 'bomb' at an apartment window across the complex. Best we can tell it was constructed from a Gatorade bottle, aluminum foil, and some sort of cleaner. Unfortunately the occupant of the apartment was at work. How boring.

Who knows. Maybe somebody was just pulling a prank. Or maybe it was malicious. Either way it made a totally killer bang.

I think Tim and I are gonna' have to concoct some Drano bombs now.
..
Time, it's changing me
It's hard to see who I am
Touched, I'm touched by many things
So many things
I don't understand

But seasons pass and I discover
Above all this there's Another
Helping me to hold on to what
is timeless

So the autumn can color me gold
And the winter can dress me
in snow
But it's You I see,
the timeless part of me- Selah

No comments: