Friday, February 1, 2008

It's all vanity.

As of yesterday I'm officially a year older.
...
Started off in the morning having coffee with some of the guys. Gotta' love the fellows.














Notice the coffee cup. That was an in-depth discussion on politics. What you're looking at is Josh's artwork, describing his viewpoint. If you look closely you might recognize it as an endorsement for Huckabee. Get out and VOTE, people!
...
We've moved. 1424 E Cherry. Don't come over for few days 'cause the place is still a wreck. I used part of yesterday to finish cleaning out the old place (and, of course, dumped it all into the new pad.)(We live in the basement. Cool? Yeah, I know. They've got some really neat knitting stuff.)

I forgot to move my upright bass when we had the rental truck on Saturday. So after much deliberation, Cory and I decided to carry it to the new place.


...

There's a new coffee shop downtown. It's right on the square and is called the Coffee Ethic (Jamie can make a mean espresso). I would rank it between Big Mama's and Kaldi's.





So here's the current Springfield, Mo Coffee Shop Ratings (According to Quinn) :
Shalom (in St. Louis)
Mudhouse
Starbucks
Big Mama's
Coffee Ethic
Kaldi's
Panera
Churchill's

I still haven't tried Cassils yet...
..
It's my birthday, so I can ramble if I want to. I spent a goodly portion of the day at the License Bureau. I got replacement plates for my car so officers will quit pulling me over, and had my license renewed while I was at it. (It expired yesterday) Gotta love bureaucracy!
..
Walking through the OTC campus yesterday I was struck by all of the fresh faces. Bored. In Love. Studious. I used to be there. And what I suddenly realized is that I haven't moved on.
We all have a place in society, in God's plan. This is their world now. I know we all applaud the adult who goes back to school. But there comes a time in life when we need to put away 'childish things'. There comes a time when we need to accept the responsibilities of manhood.

I've known it was coming. But for me the mantle of manhood fell, definitively, yesterday.
Pray for me. I want this year to be God's.
..
I wouldn't have missed it for the world
Wouldn't have missed loving you girl
You've made my whole life worth while, with your smile
I wouldn't trade one memory
Cause you mean too much to me
Even though I lost you girl
I wouldn't have missed it for the world - Ronnie Milsap

1 comment:

Harsha said...

hey cyclist, that poem at the end was good.