Friday, February 22, 2008

Get Sweatin

For those of you wanting to get muddy:

The local triathlon club is holding an off-road Duathlon ou at Lil Sac where Aaron and I raced a month or so ago. (Seems longer ago than that) At any rate, this will be a timed raced through the woods, on a bike and on foot. If you're interested, let me know. I can probably round up a couple of bikes, or we can rent them from the shop for $60 each. (Wanna' ride a $2300 bike? They're pretty cool). You've got time to train. I imagine the course will be pretty short. Should only take like an hour to complete.

March 29th. Pencil it in. Lemme know.

....
It's been 'career week' for me. A lot of prayin'. A lot of wishing I could read the last chapter of my life. The one where I'm rocking on the porch at sunset with the pretty lady and a heritage of Godly kids.

And all that hind-sight.
Of course, that'd prolly spoil the fun.

And everyone I know wants to go there too,
But when I ask them how to do it they seem so confused.
Do I turn to the left?
Do I turn to the right?
When I turn to the world they gave me this advice:

They said boy you just follow your heart
But my heart just led me into my chest
They said follow your nose
But the direction changed every time I went and turned my head
And they said boy you just follow your dreams
But my dreams were only misty notions
But the Father of hearts and the Maker of noses
And the Giver of dreams He's the One I have chosen

And I will follow Him
- Rich Mullins

No comments: