Saturday, February 16, 2008

Time

I've become acutely aware of time. Like January. That month seemed incredibly long. February, though, is almost gone.

But this week has lasted forever. We didn't open the shop on Monday (didn't figure many cyclists would be out in that nasty stuff) so I got to hang out with sis. 'Twas fun. We went to Wally and bought sand to help with traction, and then hung out at Gailey's, drinking coffee and chatting scripture. Bro and I lost power later that day and had to spend the night with one of Cory's co-workers.

Tuesday we closed the shop early so I that I got to study and such. Jason spent the night with us which was totally cool. I think that was the night I watched Becoming Jane. Maybe I'm more of a sappy romantic than I think. Regardless, I spent the next 24 hours talking in perfect English.

Wednesday was church, and more time wasted in front of the tube. Invincible the Mark Wahlberg film about Vince Papale. Good movie. It was too true and lacked that over-dramatized spunk most sports movies have. Hey, documentaries are documentaries and movies, are, well, movies. Don't confuse them.

Three nights effectively wasted.

Thursday. Valentine's day. Dang cupids. Off work all day. Missed coffee with some friends. Realized I had an arrest warrant for not appearing in court on Monday so I wandered down to the municipal court and saw the judge. Nice guy. Piddled around the house. Played with my Bible, but nothing seemed to sink in. Went out and saw sis in Fair Grove. Came back and studied. Went to the Potter's house and hung with friends. (HULLO! Oto, Angie and Gloria!)

Friday. Work. Kept getting distracted from my studies so I wandered down to Burger King and studied there. Finally had a profitable night.

Saturday. Work. Met some of the MNT peeps to go bowling. Dad called and we got to chat. I don't bowl very well while on the phone. (Aight, I just don't bowl well). Totally the party. Good idea, Liz. We also harassed Steak n' Shake for good measure.
/
We've all heard of young damsels dreaming of their knights.

I look at a week like that and wonder how I could ever even pass as a page boy.
...
I love working with Christians.
This week, for example I noticed a blind spot in my life. I could see the problem, but not the sin causing it. So I prayed about it all week. Finally, tonight I asked my co-worker Greg about it. He came back with some beautiful Scripture-based insight. Surprisingly it's the same fault another friend had pointed out. Something I was refusing to face. I just didn't see the connection and how deep the problem is. Man, God's grace is good.
....
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing the weight of the world on my shoulders
It's been a long day and there's still work to do
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'
"Oh please, Daddy, please!"

Chorus:

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
- S.C. Chapman

2 comments:

~Ashley Michele~ said...

I have a near-fanatical love for Becoming Jane. I think I saw it twice at the Angelika and once at the AMC. It makes my heart all swoony inside.

Woot for excavated sin, eh? I unearthed a lot of that stuff this past weekend meself. :-P Let's pray for each other, hm??

"There are maidens locked in castles
There are castles everywhere
But I'm waiting
On a maiden
Who refuses to be fair."

[totally irrelevant but awesome song lyric. The end.]

Q said...

Prayer a-goin both ways. Yeah. Really good stuff.

Ooh. I liked it, but didn't love it. Enjoyed P&P better. I think I would have enjoyed reading the autobiography more than watching it. Who's to say. Although McAvoy is cute. (Can I say that?)