Thursday, February 14, 2008

But ye shall die as men.

I'm not in the writing mood. But I've put this off for too long and it's starting to burn at me. So here goes.
..
And Jesus unto them...verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain , Remove hence to yonder place....nothing shall be impossible unto you. (Matthew 17:20)

Wow. what kind of God do we serve? Awesome, huh?

When I was younger I used to wonder what exactly God meant. Could we actually get a power like the Jedi? What about flying, astral projection; the spirit world?

Last Sunday when Cory, sis and I were at mudhouse, there was a gentleman there with a nice Bible, a Strong's Concordace, and about 4 people listening intently. Wow. Sweet. I mean, I've been trying to share the gospel for some time. I've rarely had that reaction. And soon more people were paying attention. So I started listening.

And he was preaching that, essentially, Christ said "ye are gods" (Jn 10:34). That Christ came for the simple purpose of making us like gods. To rend the veil covering our understanding and give us "spiritual enlightment". The perversion of God's word for th gratification of man was sick.

It's one of those tough decisions. I was finding it incredibly hard to just sit back.. I knew they were just swine. I knew that they weren't interested in hearing the gospel: That God is awesome.. That we are but dust. .. and stand only by His mercy and grace

But that was God's word they were mutilating in front of babes! I couldn't stand it. I jumped in. Borrowed an NIV bible from a nearby table and went after it.
Man, I've never been so whipped in my life. They define "Truth" and "Knowledge" as "Spiritual Enlightenment". "Eternal life" is given as proof of godhood (soul is eventually freed from body). Our creation in God's image as proof for our intended god-status. Repentance is defined as "thinking again". They combine that with their interpretation of the "Believer's" inability to sin. So that in the end they do not preach the blood of Christ, or Christ glorified (they pretend to), and only give it a perfunctory nod when you have absolutely pinned them in the corner.

The biggest problem is their debating style. Their redefining of words makes it very confusing to the surrounding listeners. Everyone is using the same terms. They can't see what is different. When you do get them pinned on a scripture (easily done) they will throw out another scripture to change the subject. At the end I wouldn't be dissuaded from my point and kept bringing them back to the same scriptures. Unable to answer, they finally just started ignoring me and moved close to their proselytes.

It was sick.
It was like watching pythons. Feeding on helpless sheep.
I can't tell you how helpless I felt.
Ever wanted God to lend a firebolt from heaven? Yeah.
//
Could I have been more prepared? Sure. But they still wouldn't have heard me. Yet if I had known more about their devices I could have more quickly drawn a line of distinction for those surrounding listeners.

I am expecting to see a lot of this when we get to the square this Spring. Satan wanted to be God. It's the basic human desire to be in control. To be as gods (Ge 3:5). And this perversion is nothing but the siren song of man.

I want to encourage everyone to get ready. Understand just how awesome God is. How nothing we are. How utterly perverse this is. Folks, these guys are well versed. Many of you are already ready. Here's an extra heads up. Get ready for battle. This stuff is wicked. And thick. No I'm not scared. I'm disgusted. I'm mad. I'm just gonna suggest that the pretend Christians don't plan on street-witnessing this year. Principalities and Powers are at work.
Here's an excellent synopsis.
May God be glorified.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

(Ps 82:6,7)

..
Am I the only one that has bumped into this? I've changed the settings to allow open commenting. So feel free to share. Scriptures? Thoughts? Chiding? go at it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Get ready for battle. This stuff is wicked. And thick."

Romans 12:2, and 21. Overcome by renewing, renew by overcoming...

Unknown said...

I love it. vs 2 is becoming a very dear promise.

But you know what was so terrible was how they used 12:2a as one of their champion verses. "transformed by the renewing of your mind" was proof that God (Word=Jesus=God) is going to come into our mind and give us "spiritual enlightenment".
("Then, you too can see the spirits moving about in our world")
grrr.
If only they would believe v 3, too.

I guess this is, in a way, no different from what we normally preach against: Man exalting himself against God.
It's just so horrifying to see how deep the deception can run.

Anonymous said...

Ephesians 6:13,
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ecclesiastes 1:9
9 ¶ The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Brother Quinn, All that you are asked to do is to stand against this spiritual wickedness in hign places, Christ will win the battle, you just lend yourself to the battle. But remember that this is nothing new. It has alway been and will continue to be, It just might be that he has opened your eyes to the fight to ask you to stand against this wickedness.
I Corinthians 16:
13 ¶ Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
sincerly Pastor GB

Q said...

Powerful. Thanks, Brother.

Anonymous said...

When you speak of them who consciously and unconsciously lead the babes of Christ away and incorrectly infuse the lost with perverse propagations, understand and pray that God will give you the words to speak to them. It is obvious that you have a passion and precedence to do the will of God. Your desire to be used by God to deliver the vulnerable and gullible from the wolves is synonymous with the good shepherd.
However, I must remind you that yes we who are saved, sanctified, and redeemed by the blood of the lamb were wretched, disgusting, and valued as less than nothing. But, when we accepted Christ’s acts of Love on our behalf before men we also accepted salvation, and the assurance that every time we own Christ before men our Big Brother will own us before our Father in Heaven. Our sanctification is the divine act of God “setting us apart”; and our redemption came when God-(The Son) shed His blood for us. So what I’m saying is that once we understand these things we no longer should entertain the idea that we are still wretched. Because we aren’t, we are the redeemed of the Lord.
Keep seeking the lost you will find them. Continue to knock on the doors of men's hearts and there true intentions will be revealed to you("Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1) Finally, never refrain from asking the questions that are considered controversial, politically incorrect, or offensive. “For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow..." Heb. 4:12