Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm Happy

...And I want to post happy lyrics, but that means that I gotta' blog....
//
Ah, team Discovery. The former team of Lance Armstrong.
They had this dude on there named Hincapie. He's a real worker. I mean he was right by Armstrong's side during every tour. Cool, huh? Seven years. Helpin' the big dog win.

So this year at the USPRO National championship in his home state, he was told to win it (these things are planned before every race so the team knows who to work for). Watch the footage sometime. Right when Hincapie stands up to break away, his teammate, Levi Leipheimer attacks. The gentleman that he is, Hincapie sat back down and let his teammate win.

Supposedly Levi's selfish move was just so he could land a better contract.

It worked. Astana - a team that got kicked out of both of the last two Tour de France's for doping -hired Levi, the Disco team leader, Johann Bruyneel, and the winner of last year's Tour de France in a bid to rebuild a clean, winning team.

Hincapie got hired by T-Mobile, which then folded, leaving him with a temporary team called Team High Road.

But the last chapter is always the happiest. This last week, the organizers of the two largest bike races - the Tour de France and the Vuelta Espana have banned Astana from racing for one year.

So now Levi can only sit there and seethe from the sidelines during both races. I love it. Bwhahaha!
>>
Aight, here's my fun. Endure!

What listen to when I'm down. It always makes me smile. I'm one of the luckiest kids out there.

But I know I'm a lucky man
God's given me a pretty fair hand
Got a house and a piece of land
a few dollars in a coffee can
My old truck's still running good
My ticker's tickin' like they say it should
I got supper in the oven, good woman's loving
And one more day to be my little kid's dad

Lord knows I'm a lucky man -Montgomery Gentry

And one of my favorite songs from Rocky IV. My pick-me-up for when life seems tough and I wanna throw in the towel and become a regular ho-hum human. Or complacent Christian.

We're not indestructible,
Baby better get that straight.
I think it's unbelievable,
How you give into the hands of fate.
Some things are worth fighting for,
some feelings never die.
I'm not asking for another chance,
I just wanna know why-

(chorus)
There's no easy way out,
There's no shortcut home.
There's no easy way out,
Giving in can't be wrong.

I don't wanna pacify you,
I don't wanna drag you down.
But I'm Feeling like a prisoner,
Like a stranger in a no-name town.
I see all the angry faces,
Afraid that could be you and me.
Talking about what might have been,
Thinking about what it used to be.
(and my favorite verse. I don't wanna' look back on life and wonder where it went:)
Baby, Baby we can shed this skin,
We can know how we feel inside.
Instead of going down an endless road,
Not knowing if we're dead or alive.
Some things are worth fighting for,
some feelings never die.
I'm not asking for another chance,
I just wanna know why-
- Survivor

No comments: