Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the petty things..

We just went through McDonald's on the corner of Cherry and Glenstone. I've decided that they are the worst Mickey-D's to ever exist. I used to go in hoping they had somehow improved. I don't even do that anymore.

Today Cory needed supper before practice so we swung in.
Speaker Dude: Welcome to McDonalds. Can I take your order?
Me: Yes, I'd like a double-cheeseburger, a medium fries, a side of tarter and a sprite.
Speaker Dude: Can you wait a minute?
(Long silence)
Speaker Dude: Welcome to McDonalds. Can I take your order?
Me: *Contemplates beating head against something*

Then when we got to the front window she handed me two drinks. At first I thought maybe they were finally redeeming themselves. Until I noticed it was coke, not sprite.
...
It's been a crazy week. A lot of small random stuff. Everybody's probably heard it already.

Finished the first week of school. So far, not too bad. I just need to figure out how to fit in the move and those two clep tests.

Thursday was different. I managed to get rear-ended at National and Elm. Poor kid. When I pulled forward to separate our cars you could hear his radiator hiss. I'm still waiting to hear from the insurance agency.

Saturday night, Jason and Erd stopped by and introduced me to The Phantom of The Opera (the movie). It's totally sweet. I have the soundtrack and have probably listened to it more times in the past few days than is prudent for a non-classical person. After they left, I imposed my presence across the street at Gloria and Angie's house. Cory and Emerson were both there it was just totally cool to sit and chat. I always find that apartment to be intellectually challenging.
Didn't hit the sack until about 2 am.

Last night we went out to MNT and got iced in. So we crashed out at the DiFranco's place. Can't say I was much fun. My Monday had caught up with me and I fell asleep on the couch. I hear their Wii is pretty cool, though.
Hamp Humor:
Tabi: We got a Wii at our school!! Mommy, did you have a Wii at your school when you were a kid?
Mom: Yes, we called it a toilet.
...
Gov. Blunt is not seeking re-election. May not bode well for Le Tour de Mo. I admire his decision.
.
Heath Ledger is dead. The Dark Knight isn't even out yet. Weird, I guess. Just goes to show how futile life really is.

Might be time to grab the One Thing that isn't pointless.
...
I'm living in one of those storms right now. Just another part of life, and I love it all. But last Sunday I was freaking a little. And this verse came to mind. Both a rebuke and a reassurance: But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? Matthew 14:30,31

No comments: