Friday, January 11, 2008

Mommy! Mommy! can we play in the mud?!

I'm listening to a lot of softer music these days.
I think that means I'm maturing.
Ok, maybe not. But Celtic Woman and Jack Johnson ROCK.
..................

The bike race this weekend is looking great. Erd got permission to dig Josh's bike out of the in-laws place. So I spent a couple of hours getting it ready. I had forgotten what a nice ride he has. I mean, hydraulic disc brakes is sweet stuff. Josh (co-worker) and Alex spent an hour bleeding those brakes for me. The bike's like new now (except the rubber band holding one of the brakes together.... I'll order the real part next week.)

Jeff has loaned me his super-light Giant XTC. It's like a $3,000 bike. Here's to not scratching it.

And Kay loaned the shop truck.

We're gonna tear it up tomorrow. (The race, not the truck)
........
On the way to work yesterday I saw a sign for an apartment. When I called the number, it turned out to be a customer. This dude is pretty insane. He competes in 50k trail runs. That's like longer than a marathon. Like I said, insane.

Several years ago he bought a little storefront for the heck of it. He lived in the top and rented everything out. What we're looking at is the basement underneath it. Above it there's a little knitting store and two more apartments. Apparently one of Cycle's Unlimited's employees lives there already. Might make a cool riding partner.

So tomorrow we're suppose to sign the lease. I'm jazzed. Lord willing we'll be out of this place by the end of the month and let Southwood Properties do their renovations without having to ask us to move.
....
The elevator's out again. Arrg. I'm carrying bikes up and down four stories. It's a good workout. Ok, so maybe Jeff's bike doesn't qualify as a workout.....
..
There's no real rule for the lyrics I choose. Been singing these the last few days. ( I know, gross thought: me. singing. Be of good cheer, no one was around.) Besides, Blake Shelton has good hair.

She left without leavin' a number
Said she needed to clear her mind.
He figured she'd gone back to Austin
'Cause she talked about it all the time.
It was almost a year before she called him up
Three rings and an answering machine is what she got:

If you're callin' 'bout the car I sold it.
If this is Tuesday night I'm bowling.
If you've got somethin' to sell, you're wastin' your time, I'm not buyin'.
If it's anybody else, wait for the tone,You know what to do.
And P.S. if this is Austin, I still love you.

1 comment:

Strider said...

dude...I love that song, Austin... that's like one of my favorites in the whole wide world...

Like Celtic Woman, huh?? I'm supposing that's the Group: Celtic Woman, and not just any random Celtic Woman...right??
lol

I like em too. I have all of their albums, I think..

Josiah