Sunday, January 13, 2008

I've become a firm believer in daily devotions. I love a week spent in the Word. Time and time again I find myself sitting in the Sunday service and realizing that the Holy Spirit has been guiding my studies the entire week, preparing me for the pastor's sermon.

Kind of a bummer this week, since I got sidetracked half-way through....
(Firm believer. Still working on the practitioner part.)
....
Sweet race yesterday. Erd and I got plenty muddy and had heaps of fun. We ran the first course in good time and then after one bike loop, he took off and ran it again. I think he covered a solid 6 miles of crazy terrain. Seems like he also fit in an endo and a flat tire. Hard core.

I elected to do the bike course but ended up running a lot more than I wanted to, too. Stupid guy that I am, I failed to pack a tire patch kit. So I ended up jogging with my bike quite a bit. Really humiliating. Someone loaned me a tube on the last lap, and by the time I got my flat repaired I had 2 miles to cover and 10 minutes to do it in. That was crazy. I was pealing like a mad man. Airing off stuff and praying I didn't hit a tree. There was one point where the bike slid out from underneath me and I rolled a couple of times. The woods are a lot softer than the pavement so I just got up and kept riding. Finished with two minutes to go.
sheesh.

And our poker hands reeked. I think I had a pair of kings and Erd had a pair of aces.
.....
I stole one of sis' CD's last night. This was on one of them. I think I listened to it three times on the way to church. And then Pastor Ron finished out the sermon with "I Surrender All".
I guess God was trying to get through.

My hands hold safely to my dreams
Clutching tightly, not one has fallen.
So many years I've shaped each one
Reflecting my heart showing who I am.
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly.
Can't open my hands can't let go;
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can't you let me go?

Surrender, surrender, You whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know, but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me

You say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life.
Told me the world had yet to see
What you can do with one
That's committed to Your calling.
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever.
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?
- Barlow Girl

No comments: