Saturday, April 10, 2010

I dare you...

to try this innocous workout.

Put two chairs side by side facing you with an 18" gap between them.

Perform 50 dips in any combination you can do...5 sets of 10, 10 sets of 5, 2 sets of 25, whatev...

(Oh, you can do all 50 without stopping, huh? Please go read somebody else's blog. You are making me feel irrelevant)

 Then tell me how you feel tomorrow. 

:D

Thanks to Charles Atlas the "World's Most Perfectly Developed Man" from the 30's, I've been tormenting myself with that workout for years.  For pictures of the workout go here.
 
///
 
I met with my buddy Logan for Coffee this morning (Coffee should always be capitalized).  I love the guy, because his head is never boring.  For example, he just came up with a new workout for his bike riding:  When going up a hill, you wait 'til you can hardly pedal, and then shift up to a harder gear.
 
Does it make you stronger?  I don't know.  He does it because it makes the endorphins last longer.
 
See, now that is hard core. 
 
This morning he introduced me to an archaelogist by the name of Adam Zertal who has done some archaelogical work uncovering the altar at Schechem that is described in Joshua chapter 8.  Zertal also has done some work helping uncover extensive landmarks of early Jewish settlements that are being used to help establish Israel's right to statehood. 
 
Logan also posted another website with a short list of archaelogical finds and the scriptures they support. It's a great 5-minute read, and is sure to give you some fascinating items to share with believers and non-believers alike.
 
"They're Digging Up Bible Stories"
 
Frankly, these finds should be enough to convince anyone of the validity of God's word.
 
But, as Christ said "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him" (John 6:44) and we also know that God's "Spirit shall not always strive with man..." (Genesis 6:3)
 
Some of us are always going to be a little bone-headed, I guess.

No comments: