Monday, April 27, 2009

A real update.

The littleDodge  Colt just keeps running.  I keep expecting it to keel over anytime and leave me hitchhiking.  But God's keeping it together for me.  Gotta' love that provision.  Though it would be nice to have a car I could trust to make the trip up to Illinois and see the Grandparents.  Hopefully that'll be soon.

Yesterday Cory mentioned rocking our upcoming week like "pebble stars."

I said "huh?"

"Pebble stars"  he said, holding up his fore-finger and pinky a half-inch apart.  "Little-bitty rock stars"

This is going to have to be a fun year.  Sis' wedding is less than 3 weeks away. Scary.  Then Jas' wedding in just a few weeks past that.  And sometime this summer I need to go roadtripping. I want to check out the west coast. never been there.  But then this Fall we have Erd's wedding, which is starting to sound like another awesome roadtrip.   And I love how we get two weeks of paid vacation.  Too much fun.

You know, it's taken me a little while to get used to the cubical life of working indoors. But as it comes along, and as the paychecks roll in, and as I watch the college debt disappear, I am more and more grateful.  And I am finding that I have a bunch of sweet coworkers, and plenty of fellow Christians to fellowship with. It's good stuff.

This job requires more sales techniques then I have used in the past.  And I am finding it to help me in my day-to-day life.  Last Tuesday we went out to share the gospel downtown.  I was surprised at how much more bold I was.  I'd walk up to people in their line-of-path  so they had to give me a second of their time.  Whoa! I'm forcing my religion on them?! what a freak!  Or am I?  If all Christians believed that everybody who did not trust God as Savior was going to burn in a lake of fire...then wouldn't the very love and compassion this religion is built around (James1:27) compel us to try to reach them?  I'm pushy when I sell day-to-day products.  Why do people think me so strange then when I take up 10 seconds of their time to ask them if they've considered their eternal destiny?
bb
This morning, I was running through my Psalms for both yesterday and today.  Verse 8 of Chapter 26 really jumped out at me.  
"LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth"
And it brought to mind a song based on the poems found throughout the last letters of Samuel Rutherford.....  (History Lesson of the day: Sam Rutherford wrote Lex Rex, an early work arguing why the law should be  greater than the king.  He based his findings on Deuteronmy 17, and his work was partially the basis for writers like John Locke, who's forward thinking made this freedom we call America possible)

We'll have to put together a sextet at church and sing this. 

"The Sands of Time are Sinking" 


b

No comments: