Monday, April 6, 2009

Mecies Anew

It's morning. which means we have new mercies for today.  Not for the week. Tomorrow's mercies will be there tomorrow morning. And Wednesday's mercies will be there on Wednesday.  Thank God.

So for a random update.

A couple of months ago I moved off of my brother's floor and started renting a room from one of the church families. It's been a real blessing.  Actually, my whole life this year has been so blessed. The way God provided through so many people for my trip to Africa. 
My Brother's generosity to keep me afloat on my return.
And the way God has blessed me with such an awesome job.  (and yeah, there's moments I hate it)
Not to mention such an incredible, blessed church family to worship with.

Speaking of church family... in the sermon yesterday, pastor briefly touched on "stepping out in faith"  based on Peter's walking on water.

And how we are all so anxious to prove our faith by jumping out of the boat and trying some new idea for God.

Sometimes it's OUR idea. But we expect that if get started on it, God will reward our faith and "bail us out"

Peter didn't go that way.  Listen to him:  "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water."

If it be thou...

Then, and only then should we try it. 

Thanks, Pastor. Good words.

///
Only if you have a second....
I was having my morning devotions, and the coffee house music was distracting me. So I turned on Pandora. 

 The combination of the songs that played and the scriptures I was reading was awesome



Psalms 36: 6-10

"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart."





Psalms 66: 1-6

Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious. 

Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.Come and see the works of God: he is terrible in his doing toward the children of men.He turned the sea into dry land: they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him.He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.



No comments: