Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And Therefore will the Lord Wait...

Ah, the goodness of our God!

I know, I sound like a super-spiritual freak, but I can't help it.  (If you want to skip my ramble and get to the blog update, just scroll down..) I got attracted to Is 30:21 the other day in something I was reading:

"and thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left"

whoa! I have to fast and pray just for guidance on what career to be in. So, this is an awesome promise.

So I pull out the Bible and go to Isaiah 30.

And in the first verse God is chastising Israel for leaning on Egypt for help. For going to false prophets for good words. And I was immediately convicted. How many times do I "shop around" for advice? And look where we pull it from! The movies. The music. Our friends. And if they don't tell us what we want to hear, all too often we "... say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:"

And now we have a country full of Joel Olsteen's prophesying how we can "be better" and "be happy"....

And look what the Holy One of Israel says, "Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon: therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant."

And look at America. Our troubles are building. (Or even look at our individual lives...)The keep piling up. And boom. soon we (either individually, or as a nation) will fall.

LOL. Go ahead and laugh.. That's what the Israelites did "But ye said, No; for we will flee upon horses; therefore shall ye flee: and, We will ride upon the swift; therefore shall they that pursue you be swift."
Ha! we think we're gonna' pull through. Just a little more positive thinking, and we'll make it..

I hope we don't. Skip ahead. down there to verse 18. I love it. This is our God. I can't wait for this day.

"And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him."

"will the Lord wait" why? "that he may be gracious unto you". Oh. My. Word. wow. Such love. Such desire. It reminds me of Isaiah 62 where it talks about the Lord rejoicing over Israel "...as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride..."

And if that is how He loves Israel, how much more his own children? His own bride? He waits for us. Anticipates that day. Whoa.

And look at how we will respond to the world and the desires we once knew:
"Ye shall defile also the covering of thy graven images of silver, and the ornament of thy molten images of gold: thou shalt cast them away as a menstruous cloth; thou shalt say unto it, Get thee hence."

I can't wait. This is awesome. Our God is awesome. Amazing. I love Him so much.

///

So on the random news of my life, there is little to report. I get up, go to work, and come home. Throw in some occasional family time and a lot of time studying, and well, there you have it.

The other day a customer mentioned that she had moved to the US from Germany sometime back in the 50's. "Now, what prompted you to do that?" I asked.
"Oh, I met this army boy over there, and you know, when you are in love you can just be so stupid. I guess God had to make it that way or the human race would never have survived."

She was a little cynical, but she continued.

"You know, finding your soulmate is like winning the lottery. It's pretty amazing if it happens. But otherwise its more of a two-way street, and it's not always 50/50"

And then, at the end of the day, I had another man make a humorous, slightly deprecating comment on marriage. To which I responsed "Whoa. I'm still a young unmarried, squirt, don't disenchant me just yet!"

"Ah, naw, sonny. I'm not gonna' disenchant you. These have been the best years of my life. Just remember that from now on you'll have to buy your soda with two straws in it."

//
You walk past me 
I can feel your pain 
Time changes everything 
One truth always stays the same 
You're still you   


No comments: