Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's the good stuff

I love my Blackberry.

I love how it brings the internet to my day-to-day world.  

I love how I can never have to get to a computer, and never really miss out on anything important. 

Does it save me time? nah.  I doubt it.  I check it constantly.  But it's so convenient.


Like yesterday morning.  The alarm went off (on the Blackberry) . 
 And shortly thereafter, an email arrived (on the same Blackberry) from Thomas Edison stating that my financial aid mess, had finally be sorted out, and I have the green light to enroll in classes.  

Which is so royally awesome, because I had started wondering if I I was going to have to delay school for another year.  (And I was pretty fed up with having time to study but nothing to study)  So bring on the mayhem and stress of classes.  In 5 months I will be graduated.  Way cool. 

And while I discuss things I enjoy.... CNN.com lets you sign up for free text alerts.  And so everyday I get one or two texts notifying me of crucial things.  (somebody has pig flu...somebody died of pig flu.... somebody ate bacon... Miley Cyrus blew her nose... whatev...like the time Heath Ledger died? yeah, I knew about that before the twins at the bike shop...and they were sitting on the computer surfing People)

Speaking of pig flu.... lemme remove the 'huh' factor.

You've heard of the human flu, right?
And you've heard of the bird flu...

Well, basically pigs have the flu, too.  But beyond that, because they are suseptible to all 3 viruses, their bodies are like demonic virus laboratory's where the three virus types  all chill and mix and match until they crank out something really deadly and contagious.

Ironically, there's been no confirmed cases of pigs having this strain of the flu....

But tell me all about our little trailer by the sea....Joshua Kadison

No comments: