Saturday, December 22, 2007

YAH HOOOO!


Wow! I'm like so chipper right now. I'm about to freak myself out.

Don't know why. Maybe its the fact that I've been spending more time in the Bible, or the brother that took time out of his day yesterday to help me sort some of life problems out. Or maybe it's the weather. The last two days have been insanely nice. Or perhaps it was the 7 am mountain bike ride with the shop guys. That was pretty incredible. Fun. Awesome. Beautiful. Endorphin-inducing. I had a perma-grin the whole time. Had to floss to get the mud out.

Or maybe it's all the time spent with friends. Gotta' love Christmas-time for that. Or perhaps it's the upcoming road trip to Illinois.

Or it could simply be that I got a paycheck yesterday. Paychecks always make me happy.

I'm a lucky guy. Life's good.
["\/"]
An older customer was buying a present for his wife. We got talking on how they met. Freshman year of high school. She was a year older. They dated all through high school, married at 18 and stayed together for the following 47 years. They have three kids.

"I always told my kids to stay away from salesman and PK's," he said. "All my kids went to business school; my oldest son married a pastor's daughter, my daughter married a pastor's son, and my youngest daughter married a salesman."

Both the son and the son-in-law salesman are now pastors. Too cool.
/;/;/;/
Time to finish my Christmas shopping. Toodles.
:::::::::::::

I prefer a good poem. But this is whats in my mind:
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Life is good. : )

Found a couple of quotes that made me think of you...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill

"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit."
Conrad Hilton