Saturday, December 8, 2007

Snapshot

I just wanna know who would name a band Sixx:AM. I mean, there is a band named 4 A.M., a song called 2 AM by Anna Nalick, and one called 8 AM by Summer Obsession.
Musicians must have a habit of staying up all night.
Maybe I should learn to play something.
//
I was downtown the other night. (I'm actually down there a lot these days. There's this cool little place called mudhouse that is just perfect for studying at.) And I noticed they got the Christmas tree up on the square. I thought last year's display was pitiful. This year it is utterly depressing. It looks more like a big bush. So I guess you could say we put up our Christmas bush. It's kinda' leaning to one side with the lights dropped down it. My little brother decorates better than this. I mean, honestly? This bush thing is sacrilege. I weep for Christmas.

Here's a box of tissues:

,,
Last January we had this wicked ice storm. (Completely heathen-- we even sent missionaries.)

Bro and I spent the day out at the Burks where a bunch of us boys started on this completely geeky board game consisting of a board, plastic pieces, closed door discussions (diplomacy), and overall intergalactic take over. (And lots of caramel popcorn, if I remember right, thanks to the Burks women.)

Unfortunately the real world ran out of power and shut down the galactic empires. I guess this is why the amish never strive for world domination.
I got a call from Daniel the other night who was reconvening the council this weekend. So we all piled onto the the church and, after my late arrival and the consumption of large amounts of Cheezies began our manly domination of the universe.

I'm pleased to say that after 9 hours of playing I finally I tied with Josh for second. Daniel took the win with Bro. Ron finishing third. Still don't know how those kids got their dad to stay up so late.

]]
In other news. I'm actually doing some studying. Maybe I'll graduate one of these days. Christmas season is rocking at the bike shop. If you need a bike come see us. If you're just wanting free stuff or somebody to solve your life's problems, forget it. I can suggest a nice bike, a Bible and some quiet trails for sorting your own life out.

Co-worker Josh hung some mistletoe above the shop door. Yeah, awkward.

Good thing it's fake.
///
When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now? -Avril

2 comments:

~Ashley Michele~ said...

Heh...you forgot 3 A.M. by Matchbox Twenty...

My boss tried to get us to put up some mistletoe near the front desk. The idea was promptly nixed by nearly everyone.

Q said...

See? Exactly. What is it about musicians and their early morning hours?

Yeah, um, mistletoe.
awkward subject. ;)