Saturday, December 15, 2007

the good times

Man, it's been good having Buc around the shop. Totally dig the beard, man.

The dear little song "Christmas Shoes" was playing on the radio. Buc's like, "why didn't the store owner just give the kid the shoes?"

whoa. hang on. I've been getting all sappy over this song for years. Now you're saying I oughta' be mad at the store owner? C'mon, man!

"I mean, he didn't even give the little guy a discount. Scrooge or something."

I can no longer feel sappy about the song. Agh! The crimes of greedy entrepreneurs!!! Down with the shoe guy! Off with his head!!!
,,,
Have I mentioned Kay and the girls are vacationing in Florida? Hopefully the shop will still be standing at their return.
//
Thursday, the Schweitzer Methodist Church donated 115 bicycles to kids of the Boys and Girls Club. So I left work a little early, grabbed the shop vehicle and some tools and headed over there. Tim and Greg also showed up to lend a hand.
It was so cool watching these kids working with strangers to build these bikes. Some of them have a pretty hard go. The organizer, Tim, was telling me about a little kindergarten-aged girl who gets picked up from Missouri Hotel every morning at 6:30 (Heck, most mornings I'm not even awake before 7.), and then dropped off at 9pm. That's her life. She's raised by volunteers.

Does anybody hear her?
><><>|<>|
Great party at Naterz tonight. Pity it snowed. Ah well, we shall use that as an excuse to party again. Reparty, anybody?
----
I love living in a corner apartment on the fourth floor. Downside is the radiator heat has lost some of its radianceness by the time it gets up here. And, well, a corner apartment does catch a lot of wind.
But the views are awesome....
+++++
Cory has just informed me he's figured out how to download stuff from Limewire without getting caught. He lost me somewhere around the required bandwidth splitter...
/\/\/\
Ooh, new believers gettin' baptized,
Momma's hands raised up high,
Havin' a Hallelujah good time
A smile on everybody's face.

That's what I love about Sunday:
Cat-napping on the porch swing;
You curled up next to me,
The smell of jasmine wakes us up.
Take a walk down a back road,
Tackle box and a cane pole;
Carve our names in that white oak,
An' steal a kiss as the sun fades,
That's what I love about Sunday,
-Craig Morgan

2 comments:

~Ashley Michele~ said...

"The Christmas Shoes"...I used to babysit for one of the guys that wrote that song. As much as I love the band...I hate that song. :-P

Q said...

Wow. Now see, that's cool.
I mean, that's somethin' you could tell your grandkids about.