Monday, October 27, 2008

Travelin' Man!

Wow, I am so tired I do not know if it is possible for me to write a coherent blog.

Sunday was great. Thanks to all of you who are praying. Pray for the work there in Guinea Bissau. We can fly half-way across the globe, but unless God shows up and binds Satan and empowers our work, well, that's just not a pretty place to be. Satan won't like the thought of losing a stronghold. So I cannot appreciate those prayers enough.

I am hoping that I will have sporadic internet access. When I do, I plan to shoot back a quick update via email that one of my loved ones back home can get loaded up here. Of course, they could turn out to be more backwards than I am planning....

Kinda like Boston. Only I am in 'Everett' (which is about the same thing) only their computers have IE 6 and a 30 minute time limit. I am typing very fast. Excuse the typos.

Boston is really sweet. It's an international city, so you are constantly hearing a barrage of languages. It's kinda' weird to see Indians and Arabs checking out our monuments. I can't imagine that theses buildings and gravesites mean anything to them. But there are plenty of foreigners roaming around them. Pretty cool, I guess.

And yes, the leaves are beautiful. The harbor was so quiet tonight. I was standing there overlooking the water, soaking in the sunset and praying when I heard a tremendous boom. Kinda' startled me. Then came the somber notes of a bugle playing Taps. I assume it was coming from the deck of Old Ironsides as I could see her masts just a little ways away. I really should wander down there tomorrow.

The transit system is pretty cool, too. $15 bucks and I can go anywhere all week long.
Took me awhile to figure it out, but I'm starting to feel more confident.
I haven't eaten much all day. So I should go do that.
..
Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Ps 119:27, 28
I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart
Ps 119:32
...the goodness of God endureth continually.
Ps 52:1

No comments: