Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Livin' by Faith

Which makes you all think that I'm running low on money. Lol.
No, I'm just amazed at the difference in the mindset between a faith mindset, and a 'worldly' or 'doubting' mindset. Read through Numbers sometime. God gets soo fed up with their lack of faith. Here they were discouraged, over here they doubted, over there they were ready to stone Moses. And everytime it's because they forgot what God had already done for them and chose to doubt. It's no wonder that Moses' finally cries out "...would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!" (Num 11:29)

It's all in the focus.
Right now there are so many things that do not make sense to the mind. Technically I'm homeless and unemployed right now.
But I know that I am walking after God, so I have no qualms.
And He just keeps coming through.
Just last night I had something pop up that I felt I should get my parent's advice on. So I texted mom and dad separately.
Whaddya' know but that they both had the same answer?
I dig stuff like that.
///
The flight leaves in 8 hours. So I'll bounce around here at the local library and study until about 3 when Abe and Isaiah should be touching down. Then it's off we go!
/
I was going to study all day yesterday, but as the rain let up, I ventured into Boston and took a ferry to go see the Charleston Naval yard and the U.S.S. Constituition. I remember reading about her when I was a kid, and to finally stand on her deck nearly brought tears to my eyes. There's homeschooling for you.
My only complaint about Boston is their meat. I don't know why, but all the restaraunts insist on serving grisly, greasy meet. Even my good old American omlet this morning was that way.

Ran told me to just pig out on Snickers and Ice Cream."You won't be getting any of that for several weeks now." I'll bet he is right.

/
And here's a plug for the Prescott Hostel. $40 bucks a night. Worth every penny.
/
Living by Faith
In Jesus above
Trusting, Confiding
In His great love
From all harm
In His sheltering arm
I'm living by faith
And feel no alarm.

No comments: