Sunday, September 21, 2008

Long apology, short blog

So, I had embarked on one of those long absences.
And it's about time to end it.

I really enjoy blogging, but due to my ability to get consumed by it, I think it is prudent at different times to break from the habit when it starts interfering with life too much. It's kinda' like my sugar addiction, only more beneficial. But both must be kept in check.

So I'm back to the awesome writing practice. And back to boring all of you with the details of my life.
Crikeys, that was long.
..

So in short, life is good. God is good. I've gotten to spend quite a bit of time this month out at mom's cabin on the Finley River, or with Tim in the bass boat out on Fellows lake. It's been relaxing and meditative. Maybe more so than I deserve, considering how many friends I have who are running 'many irons in the fire', but I sense that I am rapidly barelling down onto a major crossroads in my life, and I'm going to need to hear from God to navigate it. So I'm slowing down, just a little. Hopefully I won't miss any of His signposts.
...
It’s the song of the redeemed
Rising from the African plain
It’s the song of the forgiven
Drowning out the Amazon rain
The song of Asian believers
Filled with God’s holy fire
It’s every tribe, every tongue, every nation
A love song born of a grateful choir
It’s all God’s children singing Glory, glory, hallelujah! He reigns, He reigns!
It’s all God’s children singing Glory, glory, hallelujah! He reigns, He reigns!
Let it rise about the four winds
Caught up in the heavenly sound
Let praises echo from the towers of cathedrals
To the faithful gathered underground
Of all the songs sung from the dawn of creation
Some were meant to persist
Of all the bells rung from a thousand steeples
None rings truer than this
And all the powers of darkness
Tremble at what they’ve just heard
‘Cause all the powers of darkness
Can’t drown out a single word
-Newsboys

1 comment:

Strider said...

w00t! You posted again!
I think your excuse on why you haven't posted is...well, it's a different approach to an excuse, so in that sense, it was a good one...but perhaps it truly wasn't an excuse?

Yah, I'm one of those friends with "irons in the fire"...