Sunday, January 11, 2009

So... I'm sitting in Coffee Ethic the other day:


And these college girls are having some sort of planning meeting on some sort of - whatever - they were planning.


And one of them (with that air of leadership that screams I'M THE LEADER OF A COLLEGE CLUB THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT - BUT IS GOING TO BE LISTED ON ALL OF MY RESUMES) says, "That's one thing I learned from Obama. It's not enough to talk about change. It's up to us to do something."

um.

no kidding.

Here I sat, quite certain that this latte had made itself, the bathroom had removed all pee-splatter by itself, and the backhoe outside the window was running itself...

no?

Man, I gotta' listen to this Obama dude more...

(Side note: What planet has she been living on for the last 19 years??? Crikeys. WHAT are we coming too?)

b

I'm trying real hard not to shake.

I'm biting my tongue,

but I'm feeling alive and with every breathe that I take,
I feel like I've won.

- Secondhand Serenade

No comments: