Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Learned Something Tonight.

Don't barter with the step-dad.
You will lose.
That guy is good.

First thing my step-dad, John, says to me tonight is, "Wanna' buy a truck? There's one on Craiglist. They wanted $600 for it, but I talked them down to $500."
The truck is a little Mazda pickup. Great shape. Exactly what I've been looking for.
Well, neither he nor I have any money. (Well, I don't have money. Mom wouldn't let him use his money.)
So he calls the owners back up and tries to barter with everything but the bass boat. Everything. The van. My boat motor. The kitchen table and chairs.

No go.

So then we call up Cory. See if he wants a truck.

He wants a truck. AND he has money. Sweet.

So John calls the owners back to tell them we're coming to pick it up.
...And tries to renegotiate the price to $475.

Well, they wouldn't go that low, but what can I say?

The guy's got skills.
.....
People said it would never work out
But living our dreams, we shattered all doubts - Jason Michael Carrol
b

No comments: