Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting back into the groove.

... and trying to not get sucked in.

Actually, most of the time I'm pretty much back to being a normal, hamburger-eating American.


And oh, am I glad to be back for the Christmas season.
Seriously, we are blessed to live in a country
where an entire holiday focuses on the Christ-story.

But once in awhile, I see something that I just gotta' have and I feel that American greed crawling up my throat. And the deranged race to make-a-million starts to take over again.

For a month, my spare time was spent in the Bible.
Now the computer, TV, and college are all scrapping for whatever "spare time" I may find.

Welcome back to the real world, pilgrim.
////

Guinea-Bissau Pics
Enjoy!

///
Thank you, again. Those prayers were felt. We were blessed the entire way. I hope all of you realize how important, vital and enabling you were.
It's good to be back with you guys.
//
PRAYER REQUEST
When we got back to Boston I roomed with Joe Welch for a night. Last Saturday I was informed that he was being admitted to the hospital with a high fever, and last night I found out they still had not confirmed a diagnosis, and that he was on a morphine pump for the pain.

Here is the latest email from about noon today:
Joe definately has Malaria. It has started damaging his liver. With antibiotics the doctor is hoping it will be better in time. His fever was 104.9 last night and they brought in a cooling blanket that covers him and keeps him cool to break the fever. It came down through the night with the blanket but after he took it off this morning his fever is back to climbing, it is 100 now. But better than before. His blood levels are still way too low and oxygen is dropping to the 70's when he does not have the oxygen connected.

Later tests revealed that it is an acute infection of "Cerebral Malaria", where the parasite ends up in the brain and tries to reduce its host to a huggy-jacket.

Be praying for him, his wife Lisa and his son Cory. Joe's not out of the woods yet, and we really need the Greatest Physician to step in.
/
"In everything give thanks..." 1Thes 5:18
(my motto for da' week, always followed by "Deus e tao bom")
.
Well, if they dressed me like a pauper
Or if they dined me like a prince
If they lay me with my fathers
Or if my ashes scatter on the wind
I don't care

But when I leave I want to go out like Elijah
With a whirlwind to fuel my chariot of fire
And when I look back on the stars
Well, It'll be like a candlelight in Central Park
And it won't break my heart to say goodbye
-"Elijah" R. Mullins

No comments: