Thursday, August 16, 2007

Dwayne da' bathtub, I'm Dwowning.

I love technology. My MSN messenger goes off alerting me to a new email from a colleague. My phone beeps a second later with the same message. It's all too cool. Yeah, I'm too dependent on my stuff. But at least it's cool stuff.
....

Several months ago I signed up for this Tiger Triathlon. It seemed innocous at the time. A great reason to get into shape. But right now it looms so boringingly. -- a horrible way to torture myself.
The cool thing about bike races is you get to save a little energy. I can tuck in behind somebody when I get tired and recover before I go again. Yeah, usually after a race I have to sit down for a half-hour and recover. But after these individual events I have to go all-out the whole time. A fond, as the French would say. And I usually spend the rest of the day curled up in the fetal position. Ack.

Maybe I'm just ticked because I don't know how to swim.
....

I love it when random scriptures jump out at a fella'. Like tonight.

I'm the kind of person that wants to give my opinion. I wanna' tell all my brother's and sister's in Christ where they're wrong. Set you guys straight. Keep you close to the Father.
But tonight this really stod out:

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us...If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death... (I John 5:14,16)

There's a lot of trivial mistakes we make. little failures. bad habits. But it's not my job to call you on them. It's my job to take you to the Father and let Him grow you the way you grow best.

And too often I forget that.

No comments: