Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missionary updates

A year ago, I was assisting a customer who mentioned having been in Serbia.  Turns out, he and his young family have been walking by faith for a few years now, spending some time both on their misson field, and also here at home as they prepare to lead the work in Serbia.  Every so often he sends out a "Smilebox", and I've been blessed to be on their mailing list. 

Their most recent one was short, but here it is,

Kip Copeland and Family

Young missionary families always inspire me -- partially because I am now in that "young family" stage -- but would love to spend some time in missions.  I was with Jonathon Quinn on my trip in Guinea-Bissau, and since then he and his family have set up permanent residence there, and in a matter of 2 years, they have seen amazing things happen for God. I've been blown away.

Jonathon and Tammy Quinn

And last night, Rann was sharing how he got to lead 2 people to the Lord during James River's I Love America event.  It gave me goosebumps to here how desperate these people are for Jesus by the time they get to the front. They needed Jesus, and they knew it. Two-hundred people in all gave their heart to Christ.  Be praying for these new believers, Oh, but does heaven rejoice!!

"How can they live without Jesus?
How can they live without God's Love?" - Keith Green

No comments: