Saturday, January 30, 2010

Filing System

It's an H&R block commercial gone wrong.

Penmac sent me a postcard saying I could go online and print off my W-2.
(yes, I have worked for Penmac.  
It was repetitve, exhaustive, dirty, assembly line work, 
and I will forever be proud that I "stooped" to such work 
when nothing else was to be had.  
Thank God for temp agencies. :D )

Knowing that I would be tackling my taxes within the next 48 hrs, I decided I would stick it in a safe, easy-to-remember place -- under the TV.



 But last night, whilst filing taxes, I discovered that this vital little bright-yellow postcard was missing.
MISSING!


I searched everywhere, even the trash can.



"Honey, have you seen the yellow post card I stuck under the TV?"



"Oh! This postcard?  Sorry, I'm using it to play whompdoodle on."
(The right side keeps winning, I can't figure out why the right side keeps winning.....)


My wife still wants to know why I would choose to keep an important card under her TV.  

Sigh.  Guess the filing systems of my bachelor days are over

 BTW, I'm using TaxAct for the second year in a row.  Go to their website and its only 17.95 for both State and Federal. No, I don't get paid to tell you this. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you. I love you sooo much, and as soon as that song starts I feel it all the more! You're adorable, btw, and I had fun doing the pictures with you, even if I was a stick in the mud about it. :D

-Your Girl