Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Apartment Live

For the past two hours there has been no peace from upstairs. First it was a quite murmur of pots and pans clinking. The noises increased with more footsteps and water running and the oven door being opened and shut. An hour later a strange smell occurred followed several moments later by the fire alarm. The alarm quieted but the footsteps were moving more quickly now; pots and pans were banging, a tub of ice fell across the floor and an occasional expletive drifted through the window.

Then all fell quiet.

I just saw her walking by on the sidewalk carrying a bent little silver pie pan covered with crinkled aluminum foil.

And everyone wonders why I stick with Ramen noodles.
..
We went out with mom to lunch today. As much as I like Acambero's that's probably the worst service we've ever gotten. I didn't get a single refill. Ah well, hanging with mom and Cory was worth it.

Bro and I then went and played tennis. He won. Twice. Finished up with an Italian soda at mudhouse.
..
A cat just ran past the window followed by a little boy in a red shirt.
"Come here! I want to save you! I want to keep you safe!"
I'm not sure if the kitty wanted to be saved, but a little while later the boy came past, grinning like a Norman Rockwell portrait, arms wrapped around the kitty's tummy.
Guess the kitty got saved.
.
Gotta' get back to studying.

What was I thinking? - Dierks Bentley
/-/

No comments: