Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Stopped by Jovens Para Cristo to try to get those songs downloaded. It's saying it'll take 55 min per song.... lol. I'll try again, but I thought I'd say hey really quick before I embark the battery (and internet connection) on another kamikaze mission.

Just as a side note, I hadn't realized how frustrating windows movie maker could be.... And with the generator on only at night, I often sit up 'til about 1 trying to get it done. hee. nice thing is I won't have to worry about jet lag when I get back.

Mom- can you make sure bro got the cell phone paid.... I'm gonna' be bummed if I get to Boston and I'm without technology. I might go into withdrawal or something.

.....
The guys took off for their first "bush trip" today. I'm dying to be along, but since I am the technical (computer) guy, and I have a full day of computer work to do, I'm sitting in the shade with a cold water while they are eating diesel fumes and dust. (Such is team work....) I have to make sure all of the reports are organized, colored, presentable.... we're off this continent in less than a week, and I can feel the American pressure coming back on. It's kinda' nice, actually.

Health is coming back up to speed. The meds worked great, except that I had the intestinal discomfort for a couple of days afterward. But I'm pretty much rocking again.

For so much of our trip I have just seen this as "passing out gospel tracts". But think about it. Many of these people have never heard. Some have heard but think He is just another god or spirit and proceed to mix him in with their animism (the local protestant and catholic churches are bad about that). So this educating is the first step in bringing this nation to Christ.

Pastor Paul is already working with some locals to begin training them for church planting. We just heard of some tribes in the North part of the country who are only accesible in the spring before the flooding. The rest of the year they are cut off from the rest of the country.... There are some real challenges ahead for future teams, but I'm pretty excited about where it's going to lead PREACH.

I'd ramble on, but I'll wait to bore you guys 'til I get home.

Thanks for all the prayers. I'm seeing them answered every day. Ms. Rowe - I'll let the boys know. It's a blast to have them to harass.

Love ya'll. I pray for the church every night.

Q

3 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks for another update. We're so glad that **somebody** over in Africa believes in writing and technology. ;)

Dad (never before a blog reader) checks your blog several times a day to see if you've posted. The other day he came in the house and asked, "Has Quinn posted anything new?" to which I replied, "No, he doesn't blog nearly *every* day."

Liz scowled and said, "Doesn't Quinn know that we DEPEND on him to keep us informed of African news?!"

Anyway, glad to hear things are going well... We're praying for you all and looking forward to you all arriving home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Quinn! Yes, aren't they a blast? I think so too! :-)
Heather

JoshuaMBurks said...

Hey Q, I need to know when you want your car when you hit the states. I was planning on being there with the car when you landed in spgfld, but I don't know when that is... I will plan on being there unless you tell me otherwise! Praying for you man!