Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Life can be so cool sometimes

Or uncool.
Like last night when I discovered the two inches of water chillin' in our front room. I actually freaked for a couple of minutes until I figured out how to chase it back outside. But we're now mostly dry, and since I'm off tomorrow, I should be able to finish cleaning the water stains.
Arrrg. I guess that's part of living in a basement, eh?
...
But life is mostly cool. Like when a customer brings in a Team Milram bike they bought on Ebay and asks us to assemble it. Which means I get to test ride it. It's a brand I've dreamed of owning for 6 years (Colnago). And while it didn't outperform other bikes I've gotten to ride, it was still neat to know that Fabio Sabatini himself had put miles on it, chatting with teammates and training and wrecking (yeah, it had scratches), and now I was cruising on it. Cool moment.
..
And it's also cool when the English Prof pops in an' comments on your blog. See guys? She's
down with it.
..
Two other random cool thoughts...
Tonight I didn't get off work until almost 7. Mom dropped sis off and I ran her down to JRA. After the main service I stopped in at the youth service to see bro. He was still helping lead worship, so I got to join in the worship and just stand there praying and praising God for an hour. It was incredible.

At one point they started singing Hillsong's "You Reign" :

You reign, You reign

Over everything Lord, You reign

and as I was worshiping God, I suddenly saw how He has reigned over my entire life for the past three years. How all the heartaches, and the missteps, and the struggles and all my times of asking "Why God?!" were just to bring me closer to Him.

So many of these things weren't God's "first choice" for me. But He knew that I would have to make my mistakes before I would come to the end of myself. And so, like with Peter, he waits for me to do things my way and in my own strength, until I'm way over my head. And then he calmly comes, orders me to put up the puny little sword and starts healing those I've hurt.

Maybe one of these days I'll get it.
..
The second is sweet quote from T. Austin Sparks The School Of Christ:
The pre-eminent mark of a life governed by the [Holy] Spirit...is that such a life is continually and ever more and more occupied with Christ...Oh, the depths, the fulness [sic], of Christ!
If we live as long as ever man lived, we shall still be only on the fringe....
..
Oh, and check out Mary's blog. She's got a couple of cool pieces up right now.

~-~-~-~-

And I'm still here.
What have I done?
Don't you rub it in too hard
that I've been wrong
All these years - Sawyer Brown

No comments: