Sunday, February 24, 2008

No Place Like...

Wow, it's good to be home. On Saturday, Josh M., Nate and I went up to KC for Nate's tryout for the KC Wizards (soccer). I thought he played pretty well, but he didn't get a callback. Of course there were a lot of pro-level players out there, so it gave him a chance to get in some pretty intense practice.

The globality of it was a little surreal. Americans only made up about have the group, and at any given time during a game you could hear about 3 different languages being hollered. But for these guys, its all the same game. A dude from Guatemala explained it to us in his broken English, "You keek te ball. If you can't keek it, you pass it."
Fair enough.

We had to wait until 8 that night to find out if Nate was going to the second round, so we proceeded to hang out in Independence, MO for the rest of the day. Mainly hung at the mall and tried to not pick up any gay guys. Easier said than done.

The snow was beautiful, but slowed the drive time down. We didn't get back until almost 2 and crashed at Nate's. My cellie had died so I didn't have either phone or internet access. I suffered some mild withdrawal symptoms, but have recovered sufficiently.
///
Today in church, Pastor Baker was preaching on the rich man and Lazarus. It got me wondering again. I mean, by virtue of being an American and having a car, I am much wealthier than the rest of the world. And yet I pretty much do nothing but spend my excess wealth on coffee and muffins....
//
Cory drove past me a few moments ago as I was headed Home.
I guess he's headed to KC for something work related. I probably won't see him until tomorrow night. Kind of ironic.
It's good to be back, though. "yawn"
/
I wanna set the world on fire
Until it's burning bright for you.
It's everything that I desire
Can I be the one you use? - Britt Nicole


"These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;" Acts 17:6b

No comments: